Step by Step Eyeshadow Blending With Pictures



Step 1 - Gather your tools.

Like I mentioned in my last post, the tools you use to apply your makeup can make a difference in whether or not your makeup application goes well. For eyeshadow blending you want a good eyeshadow brush, a mirror, and a palette.

Step 2 - Pick your pray.

Believe it or not, the color that you pick to place on your eyes can also affect the outcome. For blending, I go with a non-shimmer shade. Shimmer doesn't tend to blend out, it just gets more glittery so I save those shimmer shades for the last step in my process if I'm feeling shimmer that day.


Today I went with a nice purple using my ABH Norvina Collection "Pro Pigment Palette Vol. 1". I feel pinks, purples, reds, and oranges look best on me while the blue/green family doesn't look as flattering. 

Make sure when you dip your brush into the pan you get a good amount of product. If you're blending, you should only need to dip your brush into the pan once so make sure you have enough.

Step 3 - Apply to the corner of your eye.


Full transparency, I technically skipped a step here. I did apply foundation before placing my eyeshadow but, its really up to you whether or not you want to prime your eye. Any who, for step three you place your brush into the outer corner of your eye. You start at the crease then go down towards your lashes. You want to blend down and across your lid first, otherwise the blending at the top of your eye (near the eyebrow) will be too dark and you'll loose the blend effect.

Step 4 - Move color across your eye.


Remember, for step 4, you shouldn't need to dip your brush back into the pan. Following your crease line, move color across your eye first. If this is your first time blending and you don't have enough color to carry over, dip your brush back into the pan and then go back to step three. It's important that you always start at the outer corner of your eye if you're reapplying color, otherwise you'll have sections of your eye that will be too dark for the blend effect to come across. To finish this step, make sure you blend across your entire eyelid.

Step 5 - Blend out forming a "V" shape.


Now that you have color across your entire eye, it's time to start blending it out. I like to do a hard blend where I push color out and create a diagonal line from the corner of my eyebrow to the end of my lash line. It forms somewhat of a V at the outer corner of my eye. I like to do this because it pushes my eye out and up (or gives the illusion anyways).

Step 6 - Blend out following the shape of your eye.


The last step is to lightly blend out color to meet your eyebrow and to finish up the shape of your eye. Compared to step 5, I say lightly blend because you want to keep the blending that you did. As you can see in the image, the area immediately below my eye is much lighter than the rest of my eye, this adds to the illusion of blending and gives your eye more shape.

To lightly blend, hold the end of your brush and softly apply color with swinging motion. It's important you don't press color into the outer parts of your eye. If you find that the color isn't vibrant enough for you, reapply color to your brush and go back to step three. Starting with step 3 every time ensures you don't add too much color to your upper lid.

Below is the final look with both eyes blended.

Final Look :)

Comments

Popular Posts